By Supporting Us, You Support Our Scholarship Opportunities
In order to quality, a student must be either a Massachusetts resident OR attending a training institution within Massachusetts. To be considered, MBAA asks that the student meet one of the following criteria:
- Enrolled in an aviation-related undergraduate program with rising sophomore status or higher
- Enrolled in an aviation-related graduate program irrespective of class
- Enrolled in an FAA approved part 141 or 142 flight school pursuing an ATP or Flight Instructor certificate
- Enrolled in an FAA part 147 certified A&P school with a minimum of 800 clock hours completed
Evaluation of scholarship applications will be benchmarked entirely on merit. Special consideration will be given to those students with current or previous military and/or community service. The application is due by June 1, 2017. Students must include a resume with their application.
Average number of scholarships: 3
Minimum scholarship grant: $1,000.
Maximum scholarship grant; $2,500.
The scholarship funds will be paid directly to the institution, to be used only for tuition, books, fees, and training costs.
Checklist for Massachusetts Business Aviation Association Scholarship Submission:
- Massachusetts Business Aviation Association Scholarship Application (Please find below)
- A copy of the Applicant’s college transcript or accredited flight/maintenance school records
- A copy of the Applicant’s Airman’s Certificate (if applicable)
- Copy of the Applicant’s Driver’s License or Passport
- Personal Essay
- Letters of recommendation are optional
The 2017 window for submitting scholarship applications has closed. Thank you to all who have applied! The MBAA Scholarship Committee will review all eligible submissions and contact scholarship winners by July 1, 2017.