In order to qualify, a student must be a Massachusetts resident OR currently attending a training institution within Massachusetts. To be considered, MBAA asks that the student meet one of the following criteria:
- Enrolled in an aviation-related undergraduate program with rising sophomore status or higher
- Enrolled in an aviation-related graduate program
- Enrolled in an FAA approved flight school pursuing an ATP or Flight Instructor certificate
- Enrolled in an FAA part 147 certified A&P school with a minimum of 800 clock hours completed
- Enrolled in a Cabin Attendant course
- Minimum GPA of 3.2 (if applicable)
The applicant must currently be an enrolled student in the upcoming Fall semester. Evaluation of scholarship applications will be benchmarked entirely on merit. Special consideration will be given to those students with previous experience in Business Aviation and/or those who are considering career in the industry.
The scholarship funds will be paid directly to the institution, to be used only for tuition, books, fees, and training costs.
Average number of scholarships: 3
Scholarships up to $10,000!
Checklist for Massachusetts Business Aviation Association Scholarship submission:
- Massachusetts Business Aviation Association Scholarship Application (Please find below)
- A copy of the Applicant’s college transcript or accredited flight/maintenance school records
- A copy of the Applicant’s Airman’s Certificate (if applicable)
- Copy of the Applicant’s Driver’s License or Passport
- Personal Essay. Please highlight your interest in pursuing a career in Business Aviation.
- At least one letter of recommendation from a person who can speak to your achievements and/or interest in aviation.
The 2023 MBAA Scholarship Application Deadline is June 1, 2023
Apply for the 2023 MBAA Scholarship Here